Thursday 25 September 2014

In the beginning.....

There was nothing......but then Chris Metzen said "LET THERE BE AZEROTH" and then there was Azeroth......which pretty much brings us up to speed.

Welcome to the my blog for my Azerothian human hunter Karlsson.

I have been playing WoW since launch nearly 10 years ago. Karlsson was my very first guy and is still my go to toon. I do have a few alts (most of them 90's as well), and I may put a post here and there about them. But this is 95% for Karlsson my main.

Let's start off with a little history lesson about Karlsson. First off, Karlsson is NOT his original name. It's actually his 3rd. His original name was Geesus and during BC (Burning Crusade) was forced to change his name, cause someone was offended by the name and reported it. He then trolled around until the end of WotLK (Wrath of The Lich King) as Broker. I was never satisfied enough with the name, so when I got a chance to do a name change for $25US. I did it and named him Karlsson as a tribute to the Ottawa Senators defenceman Erik Karlsson. It just made sense as I am a huge Sens fan, and all my hunters pets at the time were also all named after Sens (Alfie, Spezza).

After WotLK I quit WoW for 3.5years. I was burnt out and Cataclysm just didn't draw me in like the other expansions and vanilla. I came back into WoW about 2 months after the MoP (Mists Of Pandaria) launch. I like ancient chinese culture, so the lore and art work interested me. So I re-activated my account and started the grind to get Karlsson from lvl 80 to 90. I have been re-hooked every since.

So what are you gonna find here on my WoW blog? Well lets get into that shall we....

The basic gist is going to be blogging about dungeon and raid runs in Live right now. I will be posting screens for achievements and just cool in game stuff. Yes, I realize you can see this stuff on Wowhead and Blizzards site too, along with several other sites, but whateve's I do what I want!! I will also from time to time be twitch streaming Dungeon and raid runs too....YAY!!!. But most of all right now I will also be posting WoW Warlords of Draenor Beta screen caps and info that I can muster up.

I also have a twitter feed you can follow at https://twitter.com/WowKarlsson (@wowkarlsson). I will be posting my Mount-Du-Jour (Mount Of The Day) on both twitter and here each day (first two days were twitter only). These are only mounts from my personal collection. I am also thinking about posting a Battle Pet-Du-Jour as well......still haven't decided.

Along with all that I will be blogging on WoW news and posting my opinions regarding such news. So sit back, relax, grab a Brewfest ale and some Dalaran Cheese and enjoy....


No comments:

Post a Comment