Thursday 23 June 2016

My Favourite WoW YouTubers.

So I watch A LOT of YouTube WoW videos. Everything from Gold Farming (which I never follow) to PvP battles (which I rarely do) to Opinion Pieces on game changes etc, and of course Alpha/Beta/PTR videos on various subject.

So of course I have started subscribing to A LOT of channels. But I want to talk to you today about my 5 favourite ones. Heels Vs Babyface, Bellular Gaming, Asmongold, Wowcrendor and Taliesin & Evitel. Honourable Mentions: Preach Gaming, Lazy Peon, TradeChat, FatbossTV, Hellscream and Swifty.

*Not in any particular order (so don't get super excited Taliesin that you're first on the list)

1. Taliesin & Evitel (Twitter: @taliesinevitel)

These two lovely Brits are the newest kids on the block. (*not really kids) They bring a fresh FUN humourous look at WoW (and a bit of Overwatch) to YouTube that I found to be lacking in other videos of yore. They are a couple that play WoW together and only recently started videos a few months back. Evitel isn't in the videos as much (a shame really) and they are 95% voiced over by Taliesin. They make a lot off the cuff jokes, and many visual jokes in the videos that reference pop culture. (Diff'rent Strokes anyone?). The videos themselves are different in content from Things to Do Before Legion (below), a very LOOOOOOOONG review of Warcraft (the motion picture cinema film), and they even have a video thanking their new fans. I will continue to follow their videos as I find them refreshing in the YouTube WoW community. Also if you enjoy some salty language, Taliesin has some wonderful classy British swears. (He's not the only one on this list either)




2. Heels vs Babyface (Twitter: @heelsvsbabyface)

Speaking of Fun YouTube, we have HvB. This was the first every WoW Youtuber I started to follow. HvB has everything from Beta testing videos, Raid Boss guides, twitch stream highlights and my personal fav,  Emergency Az! (these get classy British salty too). I have learned a lot over the years about proper Raid strategy and wouldn't of got the Red Disc of Doom mount from MoP without them. HvB also just recently passed 100k Subs, and got a nifty plaque in the mail from YouTube (below). All in all, if you're a WoW fan and frequent YouTube, there is not reason why you shouldn't be subbed to HvB.




3. Asmongold (Twitter: @asmongold)

If you like WoW, and you like to see salty American's yell swears over WoW videos, then Asmongold is the YouTube channel for you. When I first found Asmongold on YouTube, I was not a fan. I wasn't sure but something about him and his videos rubbed me the wrong way. But the more I watched, the more I became intrigued. I found him to actually be right about a lot of the stuff he ranted about and found myself agreeing more with his PoV. Also his video for TimeWalking dungeon gearing was spot on (Below). I used his gear method and I now tear through TimeWalking dungeons like butter. 



4. Wowcrendor (Twitter: @omgfunny_tweets)

Do you like Pointless things? Do you like WoW Machinima? What about Hearthstone and Warcraft 3, yes I said Warcraft 3. Then Wowcrendor is the YouTube channel you've never heard of (well you most likely have as he has over 500k subs). This is another FUN youtube channel that I have insanely fallen in love with. The Pointless Top 10, in which he gives you fun pointless count downs, such as, Roofs (below), Mountains, Fires, Zones, etc. is my favourite of his series, closely followed by his complete playthrough of Warcraft 3. 



5. Bellular Gaming (Twitter: @bellulargaming)

Finally we come to our last, but not least channel, Bellular Gaming. This is my GO to channel. I check this one out more than all the others, as I find Bellular to have the most in depth, and researched videos out there. Bellular is a game designer himself, and looks at the game as not only a fan, but also someone in the industry and can view it from both sides. He is the least salty of the Brits on this list, but he can be salty when he needs too. He has in depth guides to classes, dungeons, design functions, and much more. I started a Fury warrior on Live because of his video on the new Super combo of death they are getting in Legion. I also find out of all the YouTubers on this list, his videos have the most polish to them. One of my favourite videos from Bellular is about his set up for creating his YouTube content. Check it out.




Anyways, that is it for another WoW blog. If I missed anyone that you think I might like, who is not on the main list or the Honourable Mentions, please comment below.


-Karlsson......OUT

PS: I finally after a bunch of year finally completed the Midsummer Festival meta achievement. Go Me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment